We hope you love the products I recommend! Just so you know, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use my links, I really appreciate it! I am also a participant in the Amazon Associates program and will also make a commission from qualifying purchases.
Hydration Backpacks have come a long way in a few short years. Just a short time ago, there were hardly any companies that made hydration backpacks that were of high quality. Up until recently, the only real competitor was CamelBak.
Fast forward, and now there are dozens of companies making their own variations of hydration backpacks, and it can get hard to choose which one is right for you. I know for myself when I considered which hydration backpack I wanted as a triathlete; I had to figure out a few things about each one: Wear-ability, Price, and Storage Capacity before I could make a decision.
Are you trail running, endurance running, speed training, or general use? There are so many reasons somebody might want a hydration backpack, but making sure you get one with all the right features for what you are looking for is the most important thing. A hydration backpack that is good for speed work will not be good for endurance running, and vice versa.
How To Choose The Best Mens Hydration Backpacks For Running
- Hydration backpacks are built for specific reasons, even the general use hydration backpacks are designed for general use. So, deciding why you need the backpack is step one in finding the best hydration backpack for you!
- Price is important for anyone, especially when you are looking at more niche equipment as it is bound to cost more. Hydration backpacks prices can range from $30 to $300 depending on specifications and dependability. In recent years with the rising popularity in hydration backpacks, we have seen a surge of low-quality merchandise being sold. Which should help dictate what you are looking to spend.
- After establishing the purpose of the hydration backpack, you should be able to figure out the specific details you need. Do you want a pack that carries more than just water as you will be out on a trail, or would you rather have a 1.5 Liter reservoir that will last for a few hours, but add some extra weight? With the storage capacity, it is critical in your decision making and how your hydration backpack will serve you.
- Any runner knows that you want nothing restricting or hampering your body when you are running. That is why wear-ability is so important. It might be challenging when it comes to ordering online, but luckily Amazon has a refund policy and when it comes to hydration packs, you want to make sure it is comfortable. The way the water sits in the backpack is essential to how it will affect you, and not only the pressure it puts on your shoulders from the added weight.
- When looking for extra equipment for any hobby, we always want it right away since we think it will bring so much added benefit. You want to make sure that all the categories we discussed are right for you when purchasing a new hydration backpack, otherwise, it might hinder your training. That is why I have done the work of building this rating system to list the best mens hydration backpacks for running in 2020.
|Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set||Best Quality||$$$||Check Price|
|Osprey Duro 6 Running Hydration Vest||Storage Capacity||$$||Check Price|
|CamelBak Ultra Pro Hydration Vest||Price For Quality||$$||Check Price|
|VBG VBIGER Hydration Pack||2.5L Bladder||$||Check Price|
|Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack||Budget-Friendly||$||Check Price|
5 Best Men’s Hydration Backpacks for Running in 2020
Now, let us break down which five men’s hydration backpacks are the best for running in 2020. We will go over the pros and cons of each hydration backpack listed. We will also discuss the best use case for each hydration backpack. Thus, after reading through, you should feel confident enough in your knowledge about the top 5 men’s hydration backpacks!
1.) Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set – Best of 2020
The Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set is number one on our list, not only because Soloman is known to make great outdoor accessories, but because it fits every need, while also being specifically designed to hug your body. Some key features include:
There are not a lot of cons when looking at the Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set. The price is on the steeper side, but that is because it is the best all-around hydration backpack on the market today. Also, with the Sensifit technology, it makes it a surer fit than most backpacks would be for comfort. Overall, if you are looking for a hydration backpack and want the best there is to offer and that will fit any running style, check out the Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set!
2.) Osprey Duro 6 Running Hydration Vest
Landing on the number two spot on the list is the Osprey Duro 6 Running Hydration Vest. It comes with a 1.5 Litre hydration back and resembles a more traditional backpack style. There is better storage capacity than most and has a breathable mesh contact-surface. Some key features include:
The Osprey Duro 6 Running Hydration Vest is a great hydration pack for the general person. It comes with less customizability and lacks the general-use features. Overall, though, it is a fantastic hydration backpack for the price.
- Trail/Hiking more than general use
3.) CamelBak Ultra Pro Hydration Vest
Coming in at number three is the CamelBak Ultra Pro Quick Stow Hydration Vest, which could be CamelBak’s version of Salomon Adv Skin 12. It is a little cheaper, but it also is not up to the same standard as Salomon when it comes to the build. This is a great budget version of the top-rated Salomon Adv Skin 12, and it also could be used for general-purpose as well. Some key features include:
The CamelBak Ultra Pro Quick Stow Hydration Vest comes in strong at number three on our list. However, the limited amount of water (34oz) affects it’s rating. But for what you receive for the price, we could rate it as the most budget-friendly general-use hydration backpack on the market. Check out the CamelBak Ultra Pro Quick Stow Hydration Vest Here!
- Standard fitting
- Small hydration capacity
4.) VBG VBIGER Hydration Pack
This pack for the price comes loaded with features. The only thing that might be in question is the durability as the brand is not as established as the top three are. Let us check out some key features:
You might ask, how can a pro be slender, and a con be weight? Let me tell you, a 2.5 L water bladder filled is heavy, and while it might have a small footprint for carrying it, you will know it’s there compared to some others on this list. But for the price this might be a great introduction to hydration backpacks to see if you enjoy running with one, but for long-term use, it might be questionable. You can check out VBG VBIGER Hydration Pack Here!
- Limited Storage
5.) Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack
The Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack takes the number five spot to close out our list. This is the best pure-budget option but is also the most limited in features. It has an easy cleaning water bladder that you can add ice to if needed (looking at you endurance runners). It has the smallest footprint on our list and still has a little storage for your basic items. Let us look at some key features:
If you are looking for your most basic version of a hydration backpack, then the Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack is perfect for you. Otherwise, this might not fit what you are looking for. Overall, the Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack offers another budget-friendly introduction option for people exploring if they need or want a hydration backpack. You can check out the Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack Here!
- Can be uncomfortable
As we have seen in our Top 5 Hydration Packs in 2020 that they all offer something for each style of running. We have seen a variety of options and reasons to purchase each product, from being the best overall to the best budget-friendly option. Throughout this post, we have witnessed the differences in features according to price-point. As somebody who runs 5 times a week and does everything from endurance running to trail running, I know a hydration pack that is comfortable, fits correctly and holds enough water is essential to me. Hopefully, this has helped you define what you need, and some items to think about in your hydration backpack journey!